Safety & Security at North Creek
Ensuring the safety and security of our students and staff at North Creek High School is a top priority for us, and we have taken many, many steps to make sure that North Creek is as safe as possible.
- We have the ability to put the entire campus in “lockdown” by the push of a button that immediately locks all exterior doors, notifies police, and signals to teachers that they need to secure their classrooms.
- All exterior vestibule windows have been coated with a laminate that makes them resistant to shattering.
- All classrooms are equipped with “black out” blinds that cover the entire glass wall in under 4 seconds. Teachers lock their doors and the wall – which is fast – and then put the blinds down. This is very similar to all other classrooms – no one can see in or out once the wall is shut and the blinds are down.
- All staff members will be trained in all safety protocols.
- Our campus has a Campus Security Officer whose job is to maintain a safe campus at all times for students and staff, as well as a Campus Supervisor.
Melton Jefferson III
I am very privileged to be the Campus Supervisor at North Creek and I look forward to sharing my excitement for life with the students and staff. I was raised in Dallas and enjoyed playing football and baseball. I received degrees from Ricks Jr. College (Criminal Justice) and BYU-Idaho (Communications). I have lived in the Bothell community for the past 17 years and truly call it home. I have been a football coach at Bothell High and worked there in 2016-2017 as a Paraeducator. I am excited about being part of the new high school and share my positive energy with this community. My wife Marie and I have 5 children (4 girls and 1 boy) together.
School Resource Officer
Deputy Kevin Lynch Snohomish County
Deputy Kevin Lynch is a committed servant to the community and North Creek High School. As our School Resource Officer, he will partner with students, staff, and school officials, focusing on their education, growth and safety.
Deputy Lynch has been involved in your community for the last 12 years at the Sheriff’s Office, serving where he lives and works. He joined our North Creek staff in the fall of 2018 with a goal of providing a safe environment to promote student growth, development and responsibility.
Prior to North Creek High School Deputy Lynch worked as an Intelligence Analyst for the Army. He is a certified instructor, law enforcement instructor, volunteer at Providence Medical Center, and has experience working with youth and coaching youth sports.
Concerns or Questions Regarding Campus Security
Feel free to contact our Security Team at North Creek High School with any concerns or questions that you might have.
Please contact the Snohomish County Sheriff's Department directly for any police-related matters:
300 Rockefeller Avenue
Everett, WA 98201
If you wish to report an incident, click on the icon at the at the top of any of our website pages that says "Safety Concern". It will allow you to report an incident via text, email, web or phone. Additionally, you will find "Report a Concern" under "Find it Fast" at the top of our webpages with a similar icon.