Are you interested in getting hands on experience for potential careers? Maybe even get a certification that could lead directly to employment? Maybe a Satellite or WaNic class is for you!! The Northshore School District Career and College Readiness program is taking bold steps to prepare all students to be career and college ready and helping our nation meet the very real and immediate challenges of economic development, student achievement, and global competitiveness.
Satellite: Career and College Readiness courses offered ONLY at BHS/WHS/IHS/NCHS. Limited transportation is provided for these courses, if the course is not held at your home high school. For more information, use link to the left.
WANIC: Career and College Readiness courses offered to students in the school districts in Northeast King County (including NSD.) There is no transportation provided for these courses. For more information, use link to the left.
Key benefits from these programs?
- Expand your educational and career options. Career and College Readiness courses provide CAREER prep and COLLEGE CREDIT! You can go to work, go to college, or both.
- Gain access to up-to-date, future oriented training.
- Career and College Readiness courses challenge you to put your academic knowledge to work in real-life situations.
- Make the most of your college investment. “Pre-test” your career interests through Career and Technical classes.
- Career and College Readiness courses provide skills and habits for a lifetime: Self-confidence. Self- awareness. Good work habits. Practical problem-solving. Technology awareness. Punctuality. Reliability