College Admission Requirements

Q: What classes do I need to go directly to a 4 year college?

A: Here is a webpage with great guidelines.


Q: How many AP classes do I need to get into a "good" college?

A: First, all colleges can be "good." It depends on the student's individual needs and choices when it comes to finding the best fit. AP classes are rigorous, college level classes. There is no specific number of classes you should take but it is best to focus on subject areas you like. It is very important to realize that life is a balance, both during and after high school. So... how many? As many as the student would like to take in areas of high interest. Here is a great article from admissions at MIT about the subject: