Greetings Jag families!
For those of you considering college after high school there is a great opportunity to learn about navigating the college admissions process and any changes in light of the current pandemic. This 3 day "conference" will cover the following:
Three Days to Master the College Search
Three days of live-stream presentations will help students and families understand:
- The impact of COVID-19 on the admission process
- Financial aid and financial award programs
- How to balance the application: test scores, essay, extracurriculars, etc.
- Multicultural, first generation, and accessibility/disability resources on college campuses
- How to find the best college fit/choose a major
- What to expect the first year on campus
...and so much more.
Here is the link to sign up and learn more: https://virtual.gotocollegefairs.com/
Naviance is a web-based system our district uses to help students evaluate their interests, strengths and weaknesses, and create a plan for what path to take after high school. Naviance helps with college and career readiness, college applications, and the High School and Beyond plan. All students who are actively enrolled already have an account. Parents do not have accounts, but can ask their students to share what they are doing in Naviance. Here is the process for logging into the system:
- Website: https://student.naviance.com/northcreekhs
- Username: Student ID #
- Password: 8 digit birthdate, no dashes or slashes