Try Out week will be March 28 - April 1, 2022
Dear NCHS Cheer Team Applicant,
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a North Creek High School Cheer Team member for the 2022-2023 school year! We look forward to receiving completed applications and putting thoughtful consideration into who will comprise the 2022-2023 NCHS Cheer Team.
Just so you have an idea of what to expect during tryout week (March 28th - March 31st, 6:00pm-8:00pm), you will learn a dance routine, the NCHS fight song, and a sideline cheer, along with basic cheer motions, jumps, and technique. At the formal tryout (Friday, April 1st, 6:00pm-approximately 8:00pm), you will perform the cheer and dances in a group with 3-4 other candidates. You will perform the jumps (toe touch, hurdler, pike, etc.) and optional tumbling on your own (your other group members will be standing in front of the judges with you). Please wear comfortable workout clothes and tennis shoes to all practices (no jewelry/watches). On tryout day, show your Jaguar pride, and wear your NCHS spirit attire.
Tryout results will be announced the day of tryouts (April 1st) between 8-10pm. Please make yourself available until this time. If you make the team, you will be asked to return to the school to meet with your coaches.
Once you sign up for an interview via the Interview Sign up link we will assign you a folder in our Google Drive and provide you access. Please make sure all of the following application components are completed and uploaded to your folder no later than 11:59pm on Sunday, March 20, 2022.
● Signed application packet
● All tryout application essays
● Screenshots of your Semester 1 Final Mark (S1FM) and Semester 2 Final Mark (S2FM) from Student View.
● Sign up for a pre-tryout interview (go to nsd.org/north creek → Athletics → Teams →Cheerleading → Tryout Information) to find the link and secure a spot. (Returners, you will not need to schedule an interview time. Your interview scores will be based on your performance throughout your previous time on the team.)
● Each candidate must have (6-7) teacher evaluations from ALL 2nd semester teachers, as well as a coach evaluation from your most recent season in any sport (Returners, your coach evaluations will already be entered). Please send your teachers and coach the following Teacher & Coach Evaluation link: https://forms.gle/LfruASgjp8syEToM8. In order to send this, you will need to draft an email to your teachers and coach, cut & paste this evaluation link into these emails, and ask them politely to please fill out the evaluation for you.
● ALL DISTRICT-REQUIRED ATHLETIC PAPERWORK online on FinalForms (go to nsd.org/north creek → Athletics → Register for Athletics).
● You must also have a current physical on file.
● If any athletic paperwork is missing, you will not be cleared to participate in tryout practices until it is received by the NCHS Athletic Secretary, Susan Pearson. Please contact Susan Pearson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about FinalForms.
We look forward to meeting you AND your parent(s) at the MANDATORY Parent AND
Athlete Information Meeting on Tuesday, March 22nd from 6:00-7:00 via Zoom.
To join click here: https://apptio.zoom.us/j/2589681225