Dear NCHS Cheer Team Applicant,
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a North Creek High School Cheer Team member for the 2020-2021 school year! We look forward to receiving completed applications and putting thoughtful consideration into who will comprise the 2020-2021 NCHS Cheer Team.
At this time, in-person tryouts are on hold due to the Stay-at-Home orders and the cancellation of school activities and sports. We will hold a week-long, in-person tryout as soon as we are able to be on campus. Please realize this means we may not be able to give more than a week or two notice prior to the tryout week. Although this can be stressful to those of you interested in cheer, we want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to plan for a great 2020-2021 cheer season.
For now, we need to get everyone interested in cheer signed up in FinalForms and start the process of completing the tryout paperwork. Once we do this, we will add those interested to a Google Classroom and begin providing suggested virtual workouts and various communications to help you prepare for tryouts.
Please make sure that all the following are completed as soon as possible, and no later than Friday, May 29th. Signing up for cheer does not commit you to being part of the team; it only helps us prepare for the next steps in the tryout process. We will provide more details as they become available.
Please follow these steps to register for cheer and be included in our Google Classroom. These are the only steps you need to take at this time:
- Register for Cheer by completing all District-Required Athletic Paperwork online on FinalForms (go to nsd.org/north creek → Athletics → Register for Athletics).
- Download the Cheer Tryout Packet in the upper, right corner of this page. (Remember, all dates and times within are now TBD.)
- Read the packet carefully, complete all necessary fields and signatures, and wait for directions to submit via Google Classroom.
- Complete your tryout essay. (Directions found in your Cheer Tryout Packet.)
- Request teacher evaluations:
- Each candidate must have (6-7) teacher evaluations from ALL 1st semester teachers, as well as a coach evaluation from your most recent season in any sport (returners, your coach evaluations will already be entered). Please send your teachers and coach the following Teacher & Coach Evaluation link: https://forms.gle/UkByVNnqwkDjzvpc9. In order to send this, you will need to draft an email to your teachers and coach, cut & paste this evaluation link into these emails, and ask them politely to please fill out the evaluation for you.