Girls Swim & Dive
Welcome! We are excited about the 2020 season and are looking forward to great things from our Swim & Dive team this year!
Go to Register for Athletics.
All swimmers must have completed 10 practices before they are allowed to swim in a meet. Please plan accordingly! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall.
Swimmer Gabby Dang!
STATE CHAMPION in the 50 Yard Freestyle!
STATE CHAMPION in the 100 Yard Butterfly & a new state record.
Please sign up for Remind on your cellphones - this is how we communicate timely changes to athletes and parents! See below for instructions. We will be using the website to post materials, reference information, etc.
First Practice: 8/26/19
First Meet: 9/21/19 (this is a Saturday!)
- About Joining
- Eligibility for Practices and Meets
- Meet Schedule
- Sign up for Remind!
Are swimming and diving “cut sports”?
Swimming is a no-cut sport, so there will not be any try-outs. However, there are a limited number of spots for diving and we may need to make cuts to keep us at that number.
What do I need to do to join the team?
Swimmers and divers need to do the following before participating in practices or meets:
- Register via FinalForms for swimming
- Have a valid physical on file. Physicals are good for 2 years, so make sure you don’t have one that expires before the end of the season!
- Pay any outstanding fines / return missing books or items. The Payment Window at North Creek will open on August 13th and students must pay all fines or return missing items before they can participate.
What do I need to do in order to be able to practice and compete in meets?
As mentioned above, before you can practice you must have signed up in FinalForms, have a valid physical on file and pay any outstanding fines. However, there are state regulations to know as well.
The WIAA (Washington Interscholastic Activities Association) is the governing body overseeing Washington athletics, and there are some very important rules that we need to abide by regarding practices and meets:
- Swimmers and divers must attend and participate in 10 practices before they can compete in any meet.
- To participate in any practice or competition, students must attend a minimum of 1⁄2 the classes offered on that day.
- Athletes must be listed on our official roster for at least 50% of the season in order to compete in post-season and state championship meets. The deadline for the 2019-2020 fall sports is September 30th in order to meet this 50% rule.
Other WIAA eligibility rules to know:
- Academics - All athletes must have passed at least 5 classes the previous semester and be enrolled and passing a minimum of 5 classes for the current semester.
- The Northshore School District will also have a minimum 2.0 GPA requirement in addition to the WIAA standard for academics the previous semester.
When is the first practice?
The first practice for swimmers and divers will be on Monday, August 26th.
Where does the team practice and when?
Swimmers will normally be practicing from 5:45 a.m. – 6:45 a.m. Mondays through Fridays at the West Coast Aquatics pool. Swimmers are expected to be in the water by 5:45. We will most likely not have practices in the morning on days that we have meets (usually on Thursdays).
Address of West Coast Aquatics pool:
West Coast Aquatics
15622 Country Club Drive
Bothell, WA 98012
Divers will be practicing at Juanita Aquatics Center from 2:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. once school starts (West Aquatics does not have diving facilities). From August 20th until school starts, we will be arriving at the Juanita pool at 2:30 and running on the track for warm up and then on the diving board at 2:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. There will be no practice on days that we have meets.
Address of Juanita Aquatics Center:
Juanita Aquatics Center
10601 NE 132nd St.
Kirkland, WA 98034
What do I need to bring to practice?
Swimmers and divers need to bring their own personal equipment for practices (swimsuit and towel, and cap and goggles for swimmers). Official team swimsuits and swim caps for meets will be available for purchase; more information to come on that later. Pool time and shared items like kickboards are provided for practices as part of our pool rental.
When are the competitions?
The full competition schedule has already been posted and can be found on Kingco’s website for Girls Swim & Dive under North Creek High School. View the complete schedule here.
The first swim & dive meet is Saturday, September 21 and will be held at the Edgebrook Club (an outdoor pool). Our last dual meet is on Thursday, October 24, and then the Kingco Championships are on the following weekend (November 1-2).
Sea-King Districts are on November 8-9 and State Championships are on November 15-16. Both of these post-season meets are ones that swimmers and divers must qualify for.
What about transportation to and from practices?
For practices, swimmers are expected to arrange transportation to West Aquatics for practice, and to school after practice. Swimmers can arrange to ride with other swimmers (with parent/guardian permission) if they don’t have transportation. Divers are expected to arrange their own transportation to and from Juanita for practices.
What about transportation to and from meets?
- For meets at Redmond High School, buses will be provided to the meet from NCHS, and back to NCHS after the meet. All swimmers and divers are expected to ride the bus both ways.
- For meets at Juanita High School, buses will not be provided so swimmers and divers will need to get their own transportation to and from the meet.
Communicating with the coaches
We use Remind for quick and important communications, and would like everyone to sign up using their cellphone so that they get these communications in a timely manner. Parents can sign up for this as well to keep in the loop if they’d like. This is the best way to quickly reach us during the season.
On your phone: send a text to 81010 with @ncswimdive in the message to sign up for text messages.
If you would ALSO like to get a email copy you can send an email to email@example.com to signup. However, we’d like you to sign up for text messages at minimum.
Any other questions?
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact any of the coaches. We look forward to seeing you in August!
The following button is an external link. Booster club websites are not controlled or operated by the Northshore School District.