Meet the Coaches
Coach Corey Stride
My history with the sport:
- I swam for Bothell High School for three years and on a competitive team for almost 10 years.
- I swam with the Bothell team at state my junior and senior year. I was a captain and a three-event state finalist my senior year.
Previous coaching experience:
- I was a swim instructor for 4 years, coached pre-competitive groups, and was the assistant coach for a summer league swim team. I was the Assistant Coach for the North Creek High School swim teams before becoming Head Coach.
- Every person deserves to play, in the broadest sense. Sports and games can bring out the best version of ourselves. I coach all the athletes to play sports in a way that maximizes the benefit to themselves, their team-mates, and their opponents. My goal as a coach is to foster curiosity, aim, a belief in themselves, and drive in all the athletes on the team. Playing sports is a tremendous privilege. I am ecstatic that NCHS students have the opportunity to play sports and that I have the opportunity to be their coach.
- I enjoy board games, video games, and music.
- I am no longer on a club team, though I do get in the pool for lap swimming during the off season.