Academic Eligibility

Given the unique educational challenges in the 2020-21 school year, the 2.0 GPA minimum previous semester requirement for interscholastic eligibility is waived for 2021-22 school year. Students must meet all WIAA eligibility requirements.

If ineligibility is due to hardship, students may submit a Student Academic Appeals Packet.


NCAA Eligibility

Students must complete the following steps to participate in Division 1 or Division 2 athletics.

  1. Register for eligibility at www.eligibilitycenter.org and complete the amateurism questionnaire during sophomore year or at the beginning of junior year.
  2. Register to take the SAT and/or ACT. Use Eligibility Center code “9999” as a score recipient
  3. Double check to make sure that you are taking courses that match the approved core courses
  4. Request that your school counselor send an official transcript to the Eligibility Center after completion of your junior year.
  5. At the beginning of senior year, check with your school counselor and the Eligibility Center to determine the amount of core courses that need to be completed your senior year.
  6. Take the SAT and/or ACT again. The Eligibility Center will use the best scores from each section of the ACT or SAT to determine your best cumulative score.
  7. Continue to take college prep core courses.
  8. Check to make sure that you are taking courses that match the approved core courses.
  9. Review your amateurism questionnaire responses and request final amateurism certification beginning April 1 (for fall enrollees) or October 1 (for spring enrollees).
  10. Continue to earn the best grades possible.
  11. Graduate on time (in 8 academic semesters).  After graduation, ask your school counselor to send your final transcript with proof of graduation.