Advanced Placement (AP) Programs
The 2023 AP exams will cover the full content in each AP course, so students have the opportunity to receive college credit and/or placement. Every AP student should keep their options open by registering for the exam on time because there will be a $40 fee for late orders. The College Board will support in-school testing in 2023 because administering exams in schools maximizes access and opportunity. If safety concerns still prohibit any students from testing at a school, the College Board will provide a contingency testing option that contains full course content.
Create a College Board Account
Students will need a College Board account to join their AP class section, receive AP assignments from teachers, get feedback on class progress, and register for AP exams (note: parents should not create an account for the student). If you don’t have a student account, go to www.collegeboard.org/register.
Students creating a College Board account for the first time
It is recommended that students use their Northshore email account (@apps.nsd.org) when registering for both College Board and Total Registration. Failure to use the same NSD email on both sites (contact information that matches) may cause a student to not get the correct AP exam or delay their test scores.
Already Have a College Board Account? All College Board programs are connected through one account. If an account was created during for a previous year, you must use the same login information. You will also use the same login information for AP, PSAT/NMSQT or SAT, as well.
AP Registration and Payment
Students and guardians should complete this registration/enrollment together. This is a two-step process and both steps MUST be completed to access the AP Classroom resources and order AP Exams. The entire process (both steps) can be completed in a single sitting in approximately 10 minutes. Exams will not be ordered if both steps are not completed.
- Register all your AP courses and exams in the College Board's MyAP system with the Join Codes you received from your AP teacher(s).
- Please use your LEGAL NAME and your school email address to register. This will help eliminate any delays in reporting scores. You may edit your name and email address if necessary, in your Account information on the College Board website.
- Students taking AP courses/exams at North Creek High School must REGISTER BY NOV. 1, 2022
- Sign up and pay for your exams on Total Registration to complete the process. There is no cost for registering for AP courses on College Board, but students must also sign up and pay for their exams on Total Registration.
- 2023 AP Exams cost $108 with the exception of the Research exam and the Seminar exam, which cost $144 each.
- Please use your LEGAL NAME and your school email address to register. This will help eliminate any delays in reporting scores.
- Any students who qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch are eligible for a fee waiver and will not have to pay for an AP exam.
- Students taking AP courses/exams at North Creek High School must SIGN UP AND PAY BY NOV. 1, 2022
Other Important Information
Late registration fee mandated by College Board
Students may register for an AP exam AFTER November 15th, 2022 and up until March 1st, 2023, but will have to pay an additional $40 per exam late order fee. Exams will not be ordered if both steps are not completed.
AP exams registrations that are not paid in full will be canceled and exams will not be ordered.
Questions: Contact Patty Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions regarding AP Exam Registration.
Find Your Counselor
Sign up and pay for exams on Total Registration by Nov. 1, 2022